We’re all guilty of procrastinating occasionally, and it can be a hard habit to break. Does “I’ll start tomorrow” sound familiar? Delaying tasks can seem like a good idea at the time, but as deadlines loom, it’s better to face the tasks to avoid the extra pressure and stress.
To inspire your transformation journey, we’ve handpicked 15 of the best procrastination books with motivating words, insightful strategies and compelling stories to help you fix your procrastinating problem for good.
15 Books That Will Help You Stop Procrastinating
- How to Stop Procrastinating: A Simple Guide to Mastering Difficult Tasks and Breaking the Procrastination Habit.
- The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt Free Play.
- The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, And What You Can Do to Get More.
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity.
- Procrastination: Why You Do It, What to Do About It Now.
- Exceptional: Build Your Personal Highlight Reel and Unlock Your Potential.
- 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management.
- The Science of Overcoming Procrastination.
- Following Through. A Revolutionary New Model for Finishing Whatever You Start.
- The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself.
- Eat That Frog! 21 Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time.
- The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life.
- 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs.
If you want to stop procrastinating and become more motivated and successful, we’ve compiled a list of the 15 best procrastination books to inspire you to break the habit. Reading books about the topic can be highly insightful. It will help to motivate you as the experts in the field provide captivating stories and valuable ways to increase your productivity.
1. How to Stop Procrastinating: A Simple Guide to Mastering Difficult Tasks and Breaking the Procrastination Habit
This procrastination book, written by Steve Scott, is empowering and insightful as it gives readers strategies to overcome their procrastination habit. Coming from a useful personal experience and research angle, Scott looks at the psychology behind procrastination and offers in-depth productivity strategies in a step-by-step process.
- A clear guide to help overcome procrastination from identifying tasks and setting realistic goals to creating an achievable action plan.
- $11.99 on Amazon.
2. The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt Free Play
This book by Neil A. Fiore is a productive, self-help book that helps to increase productivity and overcome procrastination. The concept of the “now habit” is introduced, focussing on the present moment rather than failures of the past or worries of the future.
- By looking into the concept of “the now”, you’ll keep your mind focussed and settle any past and future anxieties.
- Over 100,000 copies sold.
- $6.74 on Amazon.
3. The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, And What You Can Do to Get More of It
Kelly McGonial explores the science behind procrastination by examining self-control and willpower and ways to strengthen these qualities. The book examines cognitive temptations that affect our ability to focus and uses scientific research to give readers an insight into the methods for a more positive mindset and stronger willpower.
- It briefly examines how ADHD can impact a person’s self-control and ability to maintain focus.
- An encouraging approach about how to alter your mindset.
- $15.19 on Amazon.
4. Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
James Clear’s procrastination book explores the impact of small habits and their positive influence on our success. The book explores how focussing on small elements of significant tasks can lead to increased success and enhanced productivity.
- Productive strategies for dealing with challenges and setbacks and turning them into positives.
- The number 1 New York Times bestseller with over 10 million copies sold.
- $16.00 on Amazon.
5. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
“Getting Things Done” by David Allen explores productivity, offering ways to manage tasks and organize information whilst remaining stress-free. The concept of “mind like water” is introduced, representing mental clarity to face a task in front of you. From helpful tips to practical techniques, Allen helps you to achieve that feeling of accomplishment.
- Introduces the “GTD” concept (Getting Things Done), helping maximize productivity.
- 1.6 million copies sold.
- $7.91 on Amazon.
6. Procrastination: Why You Do It, What To Do About It Now
Written by Jane B. Burka and Lenora M. Yuen, this self-help procrastination book looks at the causes of procrastination and its consequences. With high-class tips, tools and techniques to become more focussed, this book looks at the deeper meanings behind why people procrastinate and gives readers strategies to overcome the mental block causing it.
- It gives you a helpful guide about managing your time with less overthinking and self-doubt.
- Offers insights into the reasoning behind procrastination, such as emotional and cognitive aspects and ways to overcome them.
- $12.75 on Amazon.
7. Exceptional: Build Your Personal Highlight Reel and Unlock Your Potential
Written by Daniel M. Cable, this book is a captivating read, focussing on the individual’s unique strengths, traits and the impact they can have on productivity. The book enhances the benefits of a person’s unique strengths and the impact this can have on well-being and self-motivation. Cable dives into the reader’s mind, helping them see their true potential.
- Inspiring insights into how readers can use their unique passions and strengths to stand out and succeed.
- $21.38 on Amazon.
8. 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management
Kevin Kruse writes a helpful guide on the strategies for becoming more successful with better time management. This book aims to help you achieve your goals, using research and interviews about different techniques to make every moment count.
- Valuable ways to optimize productivity to ensure good-time management.
- An insight into the author’s views on routines and their impact on productivity.
- $14.48 on Amazon.
9. The Science of Overcoming Procrastination
Patrick King’s book explores the causes of procrastination and uses evidence and research to overcome the challenge. Using scientific research and valuable techniques, King offers readers an insight into the behavioral and psychological reasons why we may procrastinate and ways to overcome it.
- It gives an informational look into why we procrastinate, from the cognitive and emotional aspects to the role of the mind.
- It offers strategies to overcome the hinders, like phone distractions, that can impact productivity.
- $13.99 on Amazon.
10. Following Through: A Revolutionary New Model for Finishing Whatever You Start
Often, the actual following through of an intention can be difficult, and Steve Levinson, PhD. and Pete Greider, M.Ed., look at ways to bridge the gap to help you succeed. The procrastination book looks at techniques to give readers the discipline and motivation they need to follow through with their plans by looking at what can hinder their productivity.
- An insight into the psychological reasons that prevent individuals from following through and ways to overcome them.
- Empowering ways to reach your goals by bridging the gap between plan and action.
- $8.28 on Amazon.
11. The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy
Chris Bailey looks at personal productivity in this book and offers readers an exciting insight into remaining as motivated and productive as possible. Bailey shares the outcome of his year-long experiment, looking at techniques, strategies and scientific research to maximize potential and productivity.
- Strategies for reducing distractions and background noise.
- The importance of energy levels, better sleep, nutrition, exercise and the positive impact it can have.
- $9.35 on Amazon.
12. Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself
Kristin Neff provides productive tools and techniques for readers to act towards themselves with kindness, understanding and compassion. The importance of self-care and acceptance is highlighted. Neff encourages readers to practice compassion to lead a more fulfilled life, leaving the door open for better motivation and productivity.
- The importance of setbacks and how readers can use them to their advantage.
- Techniques about the best ways to become compassionate towards oneself.
- $10.94 on Amazon.
13. Eat That Frog! 21 Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
Brian Tracy gives an insightful guide on preventing procrastination and becoming more productive and successful. The phrase “Eat That Frog” symbolizes facing the most significant task first instead of postponing or delaying it. With valuable techniques and advice, Tracy offers 21 tips to crush procrastination and become more time-efficient.
- Over 1.5 million copies sold worldwide.
- Offers an insight into reducing time-wasting activities.
- Techniques about breaking tasks down into more manageable sizes.
- $15 on Amazon.
14. The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
Robin Sharma introduces readers to the beneficial impact that waking up at 5 AM can have. Sharma emphasizes the early morning, as readers follow a fictional narrative with techniques and strategies to apply to their reality. The book highlights how a person’s mindset can increase discipline, motivation and productivity.
- The #1 International bestseller.
- Reading, journaling and expanding one’s knowledge are encouraged to enhance a person’s mind.
- Techniques to improve your creativity, productivity and success.
- From $6.61 on Amazon.
15. 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs
Kevin Kruse writes an engaging procrastination book that offers insight into enhancing time management and productivity. With 15 secrets of successful people, the book provides practical and actionable techniques for readers. With tips on improving daily routines and mindsets, this book explores how productivity can increase.
- Tips to improve time management effectively.
- Helpful tips to reduce distractions that hinder productivity.
- $14.48 on Amazon.
Hate Reading? Book Alternative for Procrastination
Whilst procrastination books can be useful and insightful, other ways exist to explore the depths of procrastination and productivity. Procrastination apps, like Virtue Map, offer effective techniques, tips and strategies to keep you motivated. Revel in peace of mind, confidence and experience a lot of self-development.
With expert coaches, Virtue Map helps you understand why you procrastinate and how to prevent it. If you want to thrive, become successful, and leave your self-doubt at the door, sign up for the app and begin your journey of transformation.
Procrastinating can happen to all of us, as it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the busy realities of everyday life. By indulging in insightful books offering techniques and actionable tricks to transform your self-motivation and productivity, you can rise above procrastination and experience a world of confidence, fulfillment and success.
Whether it’s reading self-development procrastination books about enhancing your productivity or discovering your new way of success on an app like Virtue Map, take control of your procrastination habits and transform your life.
Which book about procrastination has the most sales?
Atomic Habits by James Clear is the number 1 New York Times bestseller, and The 5 AM Club is the number 1 international bestseller. Both these procrastination books revolve around incorporating healthy habits into your life to help you become more productive with better time-management skills. With encouraging strategies and actionable tips, these successful books are here to transform your life in the best way possible.
Which book for procrastination is the most affordable?
The Now Habit by Niel Fiore is the most affordable procrastination book with used copies available on Amazon from $1.49. The book offers an interesting insight into facing tasks rather than delaying them. Fiore looks at the underlying reasons for procrastination and how you can get to the bottom of it and become more self-motivated.
Can books truly help with procrastination?
Books can be a great way to overcome procrastination, as they come with compelling stories, strategies and techniques to incorporate into your life. Many procrastination books look at why we delay tasks and the different ways to manage our time. If you want to stop procrastinating, you may find yourself inspired and encouraged by an experienced author and their motivating words.